This weekend of the fifth-annual Global Citizen Festival, held in New York’s Central Park, FYNE® encourages everyone to help end global poverty. Since we aren’t as musically inclined as headliners Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Demi Lovato, Major Lazer, and Metallica, we’re putting our .global domains where our mouth is.
What Makes Global Citizen Special Enough to Donate Free Domains?
The non-profit Global Citizen is working to end extreme poverty by 2030 through the collective actions of people around the world. Participants in its social action community, nicknamed Global Citizens, earn points by watching videos, signing petitions, and sharing important issues. The music fest rewards Global Citizens for their hard work and inspires others to act.
“The great thing about Global Citizen is its focus on advocacy and the power of action,” our Founder & Managing Member, Chris Byrnes, said on Friday. “One person on their smartphone can help put an end to the pain almost 795 million hungry people around the world feel.”
Many Global Citizens contribute to help end global poverty year-round, winning tickets to concerts, shows, and events. This weekend, a free .global domain name from FYNE is a little something extra.
How to Qualify For and Receive a Free .GLOBAL Domain Name
We’ve made the process easy:
- Find your perfect .global domain and register it.
- Sign up to be a Global Citizen.
- Complete a new activity to earn at least 3 points. You can earn 3 points by connecting with the Italian Embassy in Washington, D.C. and asking them to make ending hunger a priority at the G7 Forum next year. The G7 is an international governmental meeting where topics of global concern are discussed.
- Take a screenshot of your points in the Rewards section.
- Email us the screenshot and your .global domain name.
- FYNE will rebate the entire domain registration fees.
We can thank an existing FYNE client who has a .GLOBAL web site for her charity in New Zealand, who approached Mr. Byrnes with the idea. “It was such an obvious connection,” he said. “.GLOBAL is all about reaching the world with your message.”